Sunday 24 June 2012

Nobody puts baby in a corner!

Last Christmas my mum gave me a ticket to see Dirty Dancing at the Leeds Grand Theatre. The show wasn't until this Monday, 18/06/2012, and at Christmas it seemed like forever away but it soon came around!

Every female in my family had tickets and we were super excited from the second we entered the theatre. I was interested to see how the story would transpose from the screen to the stage. and was worried that the stage adaptation wouldn't stay true to the film but I honestly didn't have anything to worry about!

The cast were amazing, especially Emily Holt who plays baby - she stayed so true to the character and had her nailed to a tee, from the voice to the body language, everything was perfect!

Half of me couldn't wait for the famous closing number but the other half didn't want it to come as I was enjoying the show so much! Obviously the whole audience was on their feet as soon as 'Time of my life' started and the entire theatre was filled with gasps, whoops and cheers during the uber famous lift!

I managed to get a sneaky picture of the lift and Emily Holt actually retweeted it to Paul Jones who plays Johnny!

If you haven't seen this show yet I seriously advise you to whilst it's still touring! I promise you'll have the time of your life!

With love,

Rachel x

1 comment:

  1. Looks fun! I'm going to the show in Birmingham next month and cannot wait!

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete