Tuesday 3 January 2012

Barry M Haul

As you may know, I have recently discovered a love for Barry M nail paints (Haul & Review)

With a burning desire to feed my new addiction I headed to my local Boots and picked up some more of my bottled obsession...



I wanted a few Christmassy/wintery colours and definitely wanted to try the Silver Foil Effects after falling in actual love with the Lilac Foil Effects I received free with my last Barry M purchase. I decided to go to Boots instead of Superdrug this time and was glad I did as Boots also had a Free Gift offer on when you spent more than £6 on Barry M products and, what makes it even better is that the free gift was different to the free gift I received from Superdrug. The free gift at Boots is a Limited Edition silver glitter Nail paint and I looooove it! Its really festive and just what I was looking for! What I love the most about it is that it is super glittery - I recently bought a silver glitter top coat from the George make up range at Asda and was disappointed at how un-sparkly it was on my nails but the Barry M silver glitter would satisfy even the most sparkle-obsessed, glitter-aholics!




As I had to spend £6 or more to receive the free gift I began searching the shelves for another shade (I already had the Silver Foil Effects clutched in my hand so needed to spend another £2). I made the mistake of asking my fiance, Scott, which colour he thought I should get and he proceeded to point to EVERY neon-bright, summery colour in sight! I was torn between the Dusky Mauve (Again!) and Mushroom but Scott insisted that I stop playing it safe and get a brighter colour, or at least something a little different. He tried to persuade me to buy Emerald but it just wasn't for me... I toyed with the idea of buying Coral, Peach Melba or Ice Cream Pink (All thoughts of Festive colours banished from my mind!) which were all lovely colours, but I eventually decided that they were too summery for this season. Finally giving up on the Emerald suggestion, Scott moved on to the Blues - we had Cobalt Blue, Blueberry Ice Cream, Blue Moon.. all of which were nice colours (I especially loved the Cobalt Blue!) but as I have only just started wearing nail varnish I felt they were just too bright and 'in your face' for me at the moment... Maybe I will invest in some brighter colours in a few months when i'm more daring with my nails. After suggesting every other shade of Blue, Scott finally got round to Navy and I was intrigued. I have seen quite a few people with Navy nails of late and really like the look. Scott almost died of shock when I said yes to the Navy, unable to believe that he had suggested a colour and I had actually agreed with him!



Now, after finally choosing the Navy, I had an extremely blonde moment! I forgot that the Silver Foil Effects was priced at £3.99 and, thinking that it was only £2.99, I started to scour the shelves for yet ANOTHER shade as I thought I hadn't spent £6 yet. Cue Scott suggesting Emerald (again!) and whinging that we had been in Boots for ageees! After another five minutes of bickering over which colour to get I decided to just get the three in one top coat - a boring but sensible choice in my opinion.



I took my purchases to the till and only when I was walking out of the shop did I realise that I didn't even need the top coat as I had already spent more than £6 before getting it! Not to worry, top coats always come in handy I suppose...




Do you have any of these Barry M Nail Paints? Which is your favourite all time shade?

With Love,
Rachel x

6 comments:

  1. LOL. Guys are color blind some times.

    I like the colors you picked out.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me gigle, your bf sounds like a very aptient man, my bf if I asked him what he thought would grunt and tell me to hurry up hahah!! Love the colours you picked I am desperate for a Navy!

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments :) Obviously Scott commented on my nails the first time I wore the navy - said it was his favourite. That wouldnt be anything to do with him choosing it now would it lol men!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! the blue colour looks gorgeous!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following back Sammy :)

    ReplyDelete