Friday 16 March 2012

Friday Favourite Five



This is another one of the 'Feature Posts' I want to start including on my blog on a weekly basis. Basically its just a quick run down of five things I am loving each week. If you like it, please let me know but if you think its kind of pointless dont be afraid to speak up - I only want to write about things that you want to read about.

I've decided to call them my FFF's because Friday Favourite Five is a bit long winded!

1. The first thing I am loving this week is my new Naked palette. I know I am waaaay behind the times as I've only just purchased the Original Naked palette and the sequel has already been released but if you read my Big News post you will see my logical thinking behind it :) I am so glad that I have finally added this palette to my makeup collection. I was like a little child on Christmas morning when it was delivered and am just so happy to finally have it!

2. My second favourite thing this week is Yankee Candles. Now, I am going to share a little fact about myself with you - I have very little to no sense of smell so buying anything fragranced is usually wasted on me! Having said that I still like to buy nice smelling things so that the people around me can enjoy them - the only downside to this is something I think would smell nice could, in actual fact, smell of rotting fish and I would be non the wiser! On a recent visit to Clinton Cards I found one of the smaller Yankee Candles that had been reduced to half price. I opened the lid and had a quick whiff - I couldnt smell anything but bought it anyway! Mainly because of the fact that it is green so will match my spare bedroom (Another fact about myself - Everything has to match!).

3. Next is my Mac studio finish concealer. This is my absolute saviour when it comes to hiding the dreaded spots and other blemishes which seem to have invaded my face this week! I just love everything about it - the consistency, the packaging, the longevity of the product on my face. EVERYTHING!

4. A bit of a slushy one for you at number four this week - My family. A lot of people (myself included) take family for granted a lot of the time. I think its nice to sometimes sit back and think, Yeah they're my family and i'm stuck with them, but you know what? I'm glad i'm stuck with them and I wouldnt have it any other way! My family really is the best. I know I can count on every single member of my family to be there when I need them and that thought really comforts me. My family is my world and I honestly couldnt live without them! As they say - Blood is thicker than water!

5. My final favourite thing for this week is my newly decorated spare bedroom. For as long as I can remember I have wanted a shabby chic, English country cottage style bedroom but, unfortunatley, I have never had a bedroom to myself to decorate just the way I want. This meant my sisters and I, or myself and Scott as the case now is, always had to come to some sort of compromise on how our bedroom would be decorated. Scott and I have completely opposite ideals when it comes to decor - Scott would like a bachelor pad complete with every modern gadget and gizmo going while I would prefer a comfortable, lived in, shabby chic look. Its the same with houses in general - Scott would love something like a penthouse suite in a block of swanky, up-market apartments, whilst I would love a quaint little chocolate box cottage surrounded by lush green fields with a little stream running at the bottom of the garden. We are complete polar opposites but I suppose they do say opposites attract! Anyway, back to my spare bedroom! Scott gave me free reign when it came to decorating the spare bedroom and I instantly knew what I wanted - Shabby Chic! Its taken a few weeks to get it the way I wanted it but it is finally finished and I am more than happy with the end result! I'm thinking of maybe doing a little 'Room Tour' kind of post with photos of certain areas within my spare room to give you an idea of what it looks like. Oh, and the best bit is - the spare room is now my make up room! Every girls dream!

So thats it for this weeks FFF's. Hope you enjoyed!

What are you enjoying this week?

With Love,

Rachel x

2 comments:

  1. Bet the new naket palette is as nice as the old one. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like both eventually but one is enough for now :) I am absolutely loving it though! x

    ReplyDelete