Sunday 11 March 2012

Mini MAC Haul!

I have some more exciting news for you all today....

I am pleased to announce... Drum roll please.... that my MAC cherry has finally been popped! I am no longer a MAC virgin! (Wahoo!)





Now, before I get carried away with myself, I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten the whole purpose of this blog - To review and feature make up and cosmetic products under the price tag of £20 (With the exception of the Naked palette I ordered on Sunday but that was a must have!). Most of you are probably thinking - This is supposed to be a blog for the cheaper 'drugstore' products, not the more expensive branded products and you would be right. BUT I have kept my promise (I would rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty nail than break a promise!) and all of the MAC products (well, all two of them!) were under £20 each!





My first EVER MAC purchase was the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in the shade NW20. I have been using this product for just under a week now and don't have any qualms with it so far - having said that, I'm not totally in love with it either. The reason behind my reservations for this product is I'm not certain that NW20 is the correct shade for me. I was matched in the store but to be honest the lighting is pretty dingy in there and in that light NW20 did seem to match my skin tone perfectly. However, after applying the foundation in natural light I find it to be slightly too dark for me. It isn't noticeably darker if blended properly but it means I have to make sure that all of my foundation is blended properly otherwise my face ends up with darker patches here and there, which lets face it, isn't a very attractive look! I think my skin tone would probably lean more to the NW15 but unfortunately I cant afford to re-purchase in other shade just yet so for now I will have to stick with the NW20 and keep blending.




Once I had purchased my first MAC product I had the bug and a few days later I made my second visit to my local mac counter. The product on the agenda this time was the Studio Finish Concealer which I got in shade NW15. Now, I cant really comment on this product properly just yet as I only used it for the first time this morning but so far so good! It hides my blemishes (which are pretty bad at the moment) really well and does semi-cover my dark circles - It doesn't hide them completely but its the best concealer I've tried so far. I love the texture of this concealer. Its so smooth and creamy and just glides on to the skin. Perhaps I will do a more in depth review of this product after I've used it for a few weeks or so.


My third mac purchase wasn't anything to write home about - I bought the foundation pump (I bet you can hardly contain your excitement at this news!). I was truly shocked when I got my mac foundation home to find that the pump wasn't supplied and had to be bought separately! If I'm honest, my little bubble of joy from buying my first mac product was well and truly popped! I really cant believe that an expensive (It may not be expensive to some of you but its the most expensive foundation I've ever bought!) foundation like the Studio Fix Fluid does not come with a pump! I did try a few days of just pouring the foundation on to the back of my hand but found it quite difficult to get the product out so I finally gave in and bought the pump. The pump is only £3 which is reasonable but that's beside the point. When I'm spending £19.50 on foundation I don't expect to have to buy 'extras' for it when I can buy a 'drugstore' foundation for half the price complete with pump! Rant over!




Overall I am really happy with my MAC purchases and will definitely be visiting the mac counter more often from now on. I just wish the foundation was a touch lighter and then my purchases would be pretty much perfect!

Have you tried any MAC products? Which are your favourite? 


With Love,

Rachel x

5 comments:

  1. I've been tempted to try the Mac foundations but have heard mixed reviews about it so never have done. Favourites of mine from Mac are the mineralised skin finished and lipsticks :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard mixed reviews about the foundations too but finally just decided to take the plunge and try the Studio Fix - so far so good and I have no regrets!

      I haven't tried either if your favourite Mac products - maybe I should look in to them and give them a try!

      Thanks for the comment :) x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I don't like to spend a lot on make up because I always wonder if it is worth it. I would like to give it a try now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exactly the same! I had to read loads of reviews and watch lots of videos on YouTube before finally deciding to spend so much on foundation but I'm glad I did! I think it's nice to have reviews there to help you decide if it's the right product for you or not which was the main reason for this post! Thank you for your comment :) x

      Delete
  3. Isn't making your first mac purchase just amazing!? I have only one thing (so far) from Mac and I literally sob with joy every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete