Friday 23 December 2011

Eyebrow Threading - A Review

After much umming and arring I finally decided to jump on the Eyebrow Threading band wagon and have my bushes of eyebrows threaded. To be perfectly honest, I didn’t look into threading at all before having it done, it was more of just a convenience thing… I had left it until the last minute to have my eyebrows done for my works Christmas night out and, being so close to Christmas all of my local salons were fully booked. I had seen an eyebrow threading bar set up in the middle of my local shopping centre and, knowing that an appointment wasn’t needed, decided to give it a try.


Picture taken from
The brow bar I went to was called Brow Beauty and is located in Crossgates Shopping Centre, Leeds. Now, I don’t want to comment on the service I received too much as the main focus of this review is the actual threading technique, but  I will say I was less than happy with the service I received. The lady who was threading my eyebrows was quite rude – She did not explain the process to me before starting the procedure and didn’t provide any after care information either. She also moved my arms to where she wanted them to be as though I was a puppet instead of just asking me to move them which I really didn’t appreciate. This aside though, the lady (who’s name I didn’t get!) was very good when it came to the actual threading of my eyebrows and did a fantastic job.

For those of you who don’t know much about threading I’ll give a quick overview…
Eyebrow threading is a hair removal technique which is widely practiced in the Middle East. Threading consists of using a piece of cotton, which has been twisted into a double strand, to remove facial hairs. Threading is much more effective than tweezing as, instead of each hair being removed separately, numerous hairs are removed at the same time. This gives much straighter, cleaner and more precise lines.
I was quite apprehensive about having my eyebrows threaded as I had heard that it can be quite painful but, I’m glad to say, I found the whole experience to be quite painless and actually quite relaxing (I can be weird like that!). The feeling was quite strange at first, I could feel numerous hairs being pulled out together which was quite surreal but after a few minutes I was used to the feeling and felt myself relax. I obviously couldn’t see what was happening as my eyes were closed to avoid the hairs falling into them. After about three minutes the first brow was finished at the lady showed me the result in the mirror before starting on my left eyebrow, which hurt a lot more than the right one but was still bearable. When the left brow was completed, the lady tidied both of the brows up with a pair of small scissors before wiping them with some solution (she didn’t explain what it was). Overall the whole process took about seven minutes and was relatively pain free. I was very happy with the end result and love the shape and neatness of my eyebrows.

These pictures are really poor and don't do the final result any justice. As you can see though, the threaded brow looks much neater and tidier than the before picture and has more shape to it. Please note that I have not groomed the After brows for this pic - they look much neater when brushed!

I was really impressed with the price of threading too. It only cost me £7 which is an absolute bargain for such great results! (After looking at the online price list on Brow Beauty’s website, the price for Eyebrow Threading is shown as £10 but I was definitely only charged £7 – Perhaps they are doing a special Christmas deal?). They also currently have an offer on in which you receive a free threading session after your fourth visit.

Despite the less than satisfactory customer service I received, I will definitely have my eyebrows threaded again. For me, the results are far superior to what can be achieved with waxing or plucking and I am really happy with the way my eyebrows turned out.

For those living in or around Leeds and are interested in giving Brow Beauty Professional a try, have a peek at their website - http://www.brow-beauty.co.uk/

Have you ever had your eyebrows threaded? What were your thoughts? If you haven’t given threading a try yet, would you consider losing your threading virginity after reading this review?

With Love,
Rachel x

1 comment: