Thursday 22 December 2011

Skin Care Haul

Last night I had to nip to my local Tesco for a few bits for the Christmas Day starter (prawns and soup - exciting!). Needless to say, the inevitable happened and I soon found myself wandering up the health and beauty aisle... I think I was quite restrained though and stuck to the cheaper stuff so it wasn't too bad! Here's what I bought...
 
 
 
  
First up are the boring basics... Cotton buds, Baby Wipes and a pack of 100 cotton wool pads. The wipes were 97p (not sure how kind they will be to my skin yet but if they're good enough for a baby's bottom I'm sure they'll be good enough for me!), the cotton wool pads were 78p and the cotton wool buds were 30p - All cheap as chips which is what we like!
 
 
 
 
Next I needed some sort of lip balm/moisturiser as my poor lips were dry and cracked beyond belief! I managed to snap up the Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner and Intensive Moisturiser for just 90p each! (Currently on half price offer at Tesco so get yours now!).
 
 
 
 
I have seen quite a few reviews/features for the Witch Hazel Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer lately and really wanted to give it a try. I picked a bottle up for £5.85 which I thought was quite reasonable for a primer and it seems perfect for my skin! I haven't had chance to use it yet though so I guess the proof will be in the pudding.... (Review to follow!)
 
 
 
Whilst browsing the skin care products I came across Tesco's own range of skin care. I picked up the Cucumber Face Scrub which was 80p (!) and the Sensitive Eye makeup remover which was also 80p (!). I also got the Skin Wisdom Night Cream which I thought was also 80p but I have just checked my receipt and it was actually £2.99!! I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had known it was that price but hey-ho!
 
 
 
 
The final item isn't something I bought but something I was given. I was rifling through my sister's make up bag and came across this MUA eye shadow which was unopened. She said she didn't like it and doesn't really wear eye shadow so kindly gave it to me :) The colour is Shade 1 - Pearl and I think it will make a perfect highlighter. I don't know the exact price of this as I didn't buy it but I'm guessing it was £1 from Superdrug as most MUA products are.
  
That's everything! Not a very interesting haul for you I'm afraid but a haul none the less! :)
 
I'll be reviewing some of these products in the near future so keep those eyes peeled!
 
With Love,
 
Rachel x

2 comments:

  1. Good haul. I need a similar skincare haul. Blistex is essential in the cold.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the review on the primer, i havent seen that one before! Oh and I will deffiniately be picking up the blistex! x

    ReplyDelete