Friday 9 December 2011

Look Book - December 2011 - English Heritage

English Heritage is a key trend this season and I wanted to show you how to achieve the look on a limited budget. With the English Heritage look, you can expect a lot of tweed, sheepskin, wool, faded florals and plaid materials and key colours for the trend include beige, brown and mustard as well as various orangey shades such as russet, rust and burnt orange. 
I am going to start my Look Book posts with three budget bands - The look for less budget will be £50, The Highstreet Budget will be £100 per outfit and I will also have a 'The sky is the limit' budget for designer brands. If you think that these budgets need tweeking a little please let me know and they can be changed!
Please also remember to recycle your existing clothes for this look...perhaps you have some old riding boots or wellies (it’s a good job I proof read this before posting as I had written Willies instead of Wellies! – Ultimate fail!) laying around? Some great vintage items that are perfect for the Heritage look can be picked up from car boot sales and charity shops too so always remember to include these places in your search!
English Heritage - The Highsreet Budget - Look 1


Boots - £24.99 – New Look
Turtle Neck Jumper - £22.00 – River Island
Owl Necklace - £7.00 – Matalan
Skinny Indigo Jeans - £25.00 – Dorothy Perkins
Black Horse Scarf - £8.00 (Down from £10.00) – Dorothy Perkins
Mustard Rectangular Ring - £8.50 – Dorothy Perkins - Dorothy Perkins
Bead Earrings - £2.00 (Down from £4.00) –  Miss Selfridge
Total - £97.49
I love the black horse scarf from Dorothy Perkins. I aren't usually a lover of printed scarves but this one caught my eye for some reason and I thought it would compliment the look perfectly. I think the owl necklace is AMAZING! I have a slight MASSIVE addiction for owls so will definitley be buying myself one of these!


English Heritage - The Highsreet Budget - Look 2


Roll Neck Jumper - £14.00 – River Island
Navy Quilted Jacket - £24.00 – New Look - New Look
Cross Body Bag - £10.00 (down from £20.00!) – River Island
Colour Block Belted Skirt – £24.99 – New Look
Shoes - £14.99 (From £29.99!) – H&M - H&M
Owl Necklace - £6.00 – Matalan - Matalan
Ribbed Navy Tights- £4.00 – F&F at Tesco


Total = £82.99!


Yep, you spotted it... another Owl necklace! I really need to purchase this for myself! Perhaps with my Christmas money? (Only 16 days to go!)

English Heritage – The Look for Less – Look 1

Rust Roll Neck Jumper - £4.00 (Down from £8.00) – F&F at Tesco
Camel Straight Leg Jeans - £14.00 – George at Asda
Slouch Ankle Boots - £10.00 – F&F at Tesco
Rose Print Earrings - £2.99 – Select Fashion
Mustard Printed Scarf - £1.99 (Down from £2.99) – H&M
Bird Ring - £1.99 (Down from £2.99) – H&M - H&M
Bangle – £8.50 – H&M - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - £3.49 (Down from £12.99!) – H&M - H&M
Total Cost = £46.96 (Bargain!)
This is a very simple, watered-down version of the English Heritage look but I think it works really well. The roll neck jumper is a snip at £4! So much of a snip in fact that I had to order it for myself! I also really like the bangle and the scarf which inject a bit of extra colour into the look.

English Heritage – The Look for Less – Look 2



WARNING! - I went a bit Select Fashion mad for this look but they just had so many nice things!

Distressed Riding Boots - £20.00 (Down from £30.00) – Select Fashion
Camel Basic Long Sleeved Top - £6.00 – Select Fashion
Waxed Cotton Cape - £10.00 (Down from £25.00) –  Select Fashion
Chocolate Leggings - £5.00 – Select Fashion
Patent Across Body Bag - £6.00 – Select Fashion
Butterfly Cameo Earrings - £3.99 – Select Fashion - Select Fashion
Total = £50.99 (Whoops! Slightly over the budget!)
I absolutley LOVE the butterfly cameo earrings! As well as my owl addiction I have a slight penchant for butterflies so I've definitley got to get me some of these earrings! I also love the waxed cotton cape and think it would go great with the distressed riding boots.


English Heritage – The Sky is the Limit Look


Boots - £72.00 (Down from £90.00) – Vivienne Westwood
Jodphurs - £99.95 – Barbour
Quilted Gillet - £139.95 - Barbour
Roll Neck Jumper – £14.90 – Mango - Mango
Sheep Skin Mittens - £59.00 – Jack Wills
Fur Headband – £24.00 – Jack Wills
Total = £409.80 (A girl can dream!)


No comments:

Post a Comment