Wednesday 7 December 2011

Sleek Storm Palette Review

The Sleek Storm Palette is another purchase I made on the strength of reviews. Every review I read couldnt recommend it enough and, I have to say, I completely agree...

Sleek Storm Palette

Affordability -
Vaule for money -
Quality of product -
Ease of use -
Packaging -

Affordability - The Sleek Storm palette is currently £6.49 from both Superdrug and the Sleek website. I think this is an absolutely amazing price for this product and wouldn't be surprised if the price does start to creep up now that the range is gaining popularity. I would pay up to around £10 for this palette as I think the quality is worth much more than £6.49! (Not that I'm complaining about the cheap price or anything - I likes cheap!).

Value for money - I have had this palette for around four months now and there are no major visible signs of use yet! Other than that fact that some of my favourite colours don't have the 'waffle' like pattern on top anymore but other than that you would think it was still an un-used palette. A little bit goes a loooong way as the eye shadows are so blendable and easy to work with which makes this palette even more amazing.



Quality of product - First of all, let me explain that I am usually absolutely useless when it comes to applying eye shadow - I end up with fall out all over my cheeks and smudges of eye shadow all around my eyes! I bought the Sleek Storm palette after watching a few tutorial videos on YouTube (ALBMakeup) which made application of these eye shadows look so easy and effortless and the results were great. I was extremely tempted to purchase more than one of the palettes when I saw how cheap they were but managed to stop myself until I had tried the Storm Palette. I really cannot fault the quality of these eye shadows - they are extremely pigmented and fool proof to use and I just love everything about them! The best thing for me about this palette is, with the exception of one or two, I will use every single shade which doesn't happen very often as I'm such a fussy bugger!

Ease of use - As mentioned above, I am usually useless at applying eye shadow. The first time I used the Sleek Storm palette I followed a tutorial video on YouTube and was amazed when I had finished and the result actually looked the same (or very similar at least!) as the video! I have tried following eye make up tutorials before using various other eye shadows and have not once managed to achieve an even remotely decent look! These eye shadows are so pigmented and blendable which makes them super easy to use. I honestly can not recommend this palette enough, I love every thing about it and always get compliments when I use it!



Packaging - I really love the packaging for this product. The palette itself looks sophisticated and tidy and I absolutely love the large mirror in the lid. The only criticism I have is that the box in which the palette comes in is utterly needless and is just a waste of time really!
Overall I really can't knock the Sleek Storm palette. It has become a firm favourite make-up item of mine and is always the thing I reach for when I want to create a new eye look (I even used this palette for my Halloween make up!). If you haven't given the Sleek palettes a try yet, get out and get yours now! You wont regret it!

                 Sleek Make Up
           

2 comments:

  1. Sleek is my ALL TIME FAVOURITE for high pigmentation and good value, the palettes are amazing!!!

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a massive fan of Sleek too, as you said they are just so pigmented and such good value.

    Thanks for the comment and follow

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete