Sunday 4 December 2011

Its SNOWING!

Okay, so I didn't anticipate that my second post would be so soon but it is SNOWING in Leeds and I feel this deserves a post! Now, please do not confuse my urgent need to post about the snow as excitement because, let me tell you, snow is the weather I despise the most. I would rather have wind, rain and hail stones than snow! It is just so inconvenient and causes so much chaos!


Perhaps I wouldn't find snow so horrid if I didn't live so close to my work and snow meant a snow day but I live less than a mile away from my work so I have absolutely no reason not to go in!


I haven't been driving very long (well, its actually been two years in ten days so I don't think I can get away with playing the 'new driver' card much longer!) and I lack confidence with my driving. When snow and icy road conditions are added to the equation I literally have no confidence in my driving at all and this means walking to work.


"You live less than a mile away from work, that's not so bad!" I hear you say! But, when you have my hair (Frizzy bush is the best way to describe my hair in its natural state) and have to wear a woolly hat, walking to work is the worst! By the time I get to work I look like I have an Afro and have just run a marathon which is really not a good look! Especially when you work in a predominately male environment and get the mick ripped out of you all day long for having such a fetching hair style!


With this in mind, Sunday night is the worst night imaginable for the sky to decide it would like to snow! Now I am going to go to bed with the dilemma of "Should I drive or walk?" in my head!


I just really really hope that I wake up in the morning and all is normal and not covered in the cold white stuff! Please God! Please!


On another note, I have just realised that it is my sister's dog's birthday today so I would just like to wish a very happy 13th birthday to Bonny! (That's 91 years old in dog years which I think you will agree is very admirable!) I know you may think it is extremely random for me to be wishing a dog happy birthday but Bonny was mine and my sister's childhood doggie until my sister moved out and took Bonny with her and I love her very much and she is very special to me! It only seems like yesterday that she was a puppy and now she is an old lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment