Tuesday 15 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 14 - Tag Tuesday - The Harry Potter Tag

This is another un-beauty-related tag for you today but I saw this tag on Joey Graceffa's channel with Jim Chapman and as I love Harry Potter so much I just had to do it....

Favorite book -

This is going to sound really cliche but The Deathly Hallows is my favourite book, simply for the fact that we get all of the answers and all of the pieces just slot together.

Favorite movie -

I'm going to say The Philosophers Stone only because this was the film that really got me into Harry Potter. I hadnt read any of the books before seeing the film and actually only saw it by accident (I was a member of a Youth Group and they took us to the cinema and the majority of the group voted to see HP which I really wasnt happy about at the time!) I remember being completely blown away by the film and the whole world of Harry Potter and I wanted needed more. I was ecstatic when my Mum bought me Philosophers Stone on VHS (Thats how long ago it was!) and I have never had that feeling with any of the other films (Most likely because I have matured some what since! Or at least I like to think I have!) so I think Philosophers stone is the most logical answer to this question. 

Least favorite book
This is a tie between Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix. I find Prisoner of Azkaban to be much darker and more serious than the first two books and I think I was slightly taken aback by this the first time that I read it. Obviously all of the books after this are much more sinister but you kind of expect that after reading Prisoner of Azkaban where as there wasnt much warning between Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban. The reason behind chosing Order of the Phoenix as a tie is because I hate the first chapter with the Muggle Primeminister, though I can see why JK added it but it just bored me, and I literally cannot stand Harry throughout the entire book! He has such an attitude problem and feels so sorry for himself and it really bloody bugged me! I wanted to jump into the pages, give him a quick slap and a brisk shake and tell him to get a grip and get over it!!

Parts of the books/movies that made you cry

Pfft! We could be here a while!

1. When Dobby died (Obviously! If you didnt cry when Dobby died you're cold and heartless, simple!)
2. When Hedwig died.
3. When Fred died.
4. When Molly Weasley was crying over the boggart that kept changing into dead members of her family.
5. When Dumbledore died.
6. When Tonks & Lupin died.
7. When Snape died!!! (You have your mothers eyes - Gets me every time!)
8. In Deathly Hallows Part 2 (The Film) when McGonnagol says "I've always wanted to do that spell!" (Not even sad but for some pathetic reason it choked me up!"
9. In Deathly Hallows Part 2 (The Film) when Mcgonnagol steps forward to dual Snape for Harry.
10. When Cedric Diggory dies.
11. When Dumbledore has just died and all of the students raise their wands into the air.
12. When Dumbledore is in the cavern drinking the potion and Harry has to force him to drink.
13. In Deathly Hallows Part 2 (The Film) when Ron & Hermione kiss.
14. In Dealthy Hallows Part 2 (The Film) when Ron runs after Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle in the room of requirment and shouts "Thats my girlfriend!" about Hermione.
15. The last page of the book and the last scene of the film Deathly Hallows, simply because it was the end.

If you could hook up with any HP character who would it be?
Probably Ron for his humour, plus Rupert Grint is rather yummy!

Favorite character
I have two - Luna Lovegood and Bellatrix Lestrange. Although I did kind of fall out with Bellatrix after she killed Dobby! Shes the best liteary villain ever for me though!

What would your Patronus be?

If I could choose it would be something like an otter or stoat (I have no idea why, just think it would look cute!). 

If you could have the Resurrection Stone, Invisibility Cloak or the Elder Wand which one would you choose?

Invisibility Cloak all the way!

What House would you be in?
Obviously I would want to be in Gryffindor but I have recently registed to Pottermore and was sorted into Ravenclaw so I guess I'll have to say Ravenclaw. In all fairness Ravenclaw is my second favourite house and its the house Luna Lovegood is in so I'd be happy to be a Ravenclaw.

IF you could meet any member of the cast who would it be?
Definitley the main trio. Plus Evanna Lynch and Helena Bonham Carter!

Have you played any of the video games?
I played the first game but that was a loooong time ago so I cant remember much! I just remember the game of Wizard Chess at the end because it took me so long to get past it! I also have Half Blood Prince for the Wii but I cant stand the Wii so havent played it much.

IF you were on the Quiddich team which position would you play?

I'm useless at sports but if I had to choose a position I would like to be seeker.

Were you happy with the ending?
I was as happy as I could be - All of the questions were answered and all loose ends were tied up so I couldnt ask for much more really! I was just sad that it had ended.

How much does Harry Potter mean to you?

I'm not going to be all cheesy and say I couldnt live without Harry Potter in my life because I obviously could! Harry Potter brings back great memories of being young for me. It was a big part of my teenage years and I'm sure its something that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I cant wait to have children to read the books to and watch the films with! Harry Potter will always have a special place in my heart and I'm going to end this post with a quote from JK Rowling's Deathly Hallows Part 2 film premiere speech which made me ball my eyes out...

“Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”

I tag every Harry Potter fan to do this tag! Be sure to comment below and let me know if you decide to do this tag, I'd love to see your answers!

With Love,

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment