Thursday 31 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 31!! - May Favourites

I cant believe its the end of May already! I'm so glad that I managed to keep my word and post 31 posts throughout May (This post being the 31st!) I've really enjoyed posting everyday and am thinking of doing the same every second month, let me know what you think about this :)

For my final post of May I have my Monthly Favourites for you...




Make Up
Sleek Blush By Three – As mentioned in my review here I recently bought the Sleek Blush By 3 in Lace. I’m not going to go into detail in this post because I everything is included in the review but I am loving this palette. All three shades are super wearable and are so pretty! It has become a staple in my makeup inventory and the best thing is it holds three blushes but doesn’t take up a ton of room in your make up bag!
OPI Save Me Nail Varnish – This is another recently purchased product but I have quickly fallen in love with it! I have actually only worn it once so far (in fact I have it on my nails now) and glitter nail varnishes don’t usually do it for me but this one really floats my boat. I love how it has finely milled glitter as well as strands of holographic glitter. It’s perfect for summer and I’m sure I’ll get my wear out of it over the coming months!
Face –
Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish – I have been using this cleanser every day for about three weeks now and I have definitely noticed a difference in my skin. My skin is nowhere near perfect but I love how this cleanser makes my skin feel. I also love how effortlessly it removes eye makeup – no more scrubbing at my eyes for me!
Body Shop Tinted Moisturiser - I recently got a sample of the Body Shop Tinted Moisturiser and have been using it every morning before applying my makeup. The coverage isn’t great, in fact it doesn’t cover much at all but then again tinted moisturisers aren’t supposed to! It leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and soft and perfectly prepared for my foundation. I don’t know if I will be rushing out to buy the full size product when my sample runs out but for the moment I am enjoying this moisturiser.

Books –
The Fifty Shades Trilogy - Yesterday I posted a review on the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and it’s only right that these books make it to my May Favourites as I love them so much! I read all three books in the space of two weeks and I literally couldn’t put them down! If you haven’t read them I strongly recommend that you do! You can read my full review of the trilogy here.

Films –
Unknown - As I’ve been so obsessed with the Fifty Shades books I haven’t had much time to watch any films or television over the past couple of weeks. I did watch Unknown with Scott a couple of nights ago though and really enjoyed it. I love Liam Neeson and there was an unexpected twist at the end which I always love in films.
TV –
Awake – As said above I haven’t watched much TV this week but a friend at work recommended I watch Awake which started on Sky a few weeks ago. I missed the first episode but have watched the second and third episodes and its right up my street! I love programmes that keep you guessing until the very end when you get all the answers and everything makes sense and I think this is going to be one of those programmes. I’m gutted though because I missed the fourth episode so I might find the fifth episode a little difficult to follow! We shall see!

Songs –
1.       Justin Bieber – Boyfriend – I’m loving the Biebs deeper, rougher voice on this song. He finally sounds like a man instead of a girl! I’ve always been a secret Belieber though!
2.       The Saturdays – 30 Days – I love The Saturdays. Enough said!
3.       Carly Rae Jepsen – Call Me Maybe – I don’t think anyone could possibly not like this song! It’s just so catchy and I always find myself singing along to it.
4.       Fun – We are young – This song just makes me want to wave my arms in the air and sing at the top of my lungs!
5.       Steps – One for sorrow – It reminds me of my childhood and I love dancing to it in my car with my sister.
YouTuber –
Gemsmaquillage / Unicycle Physics – I have been watching Gemma’s beauty channel for a few months now and absolutely love it but I recently stumbled across her Vlog channel and have been really enjoying it! Gemma is so beautiful and funny and I love her drugstore tutorials and hauls. She also has a great blog as well!
Randoms –
The Sunshine – As those of you that live in the UK will know, we have been more than a little bit lucky with the weather lately. I have been really enjoying sitting in my garden with my book on my lunch breaks and will be sad to see the nice weather go. Surely it can’t last much longer?! Fingers crossed it does though!


What have you been loving this month?

With Love,

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment