Monday 21 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 20 - RachelReviews - Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

As mentioned previously (Here) I recently purchased the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish hot cloth cleanser. I also mentioned that after using this product a couple of times it didnt seem to be agreeing with my skin and broke me out (Here) I peservered with it though and after two weeks of using it I am pleased to report that my skin seems to have gotten used to it and its no longer breaking me out. Now, I'm not saying my skin looks perfect now because its far from it, but I have really noticed a difference since my skin got used to the Cleanse and Polish. I now feel in the position to write a fair review for this product so here goes...

Packaging - *****
Value for money & Affordability - ***
Quality - *****
Ease of use - *****
Rate or Hate - Rate.

Packaging - I really like the packaging of the C&P. I bought the starter kit which is basically a 50ml pump bottle of the cleanser and one muslin cloth that comes in a cute pouch. The pouch adds a nice extra touch to the packaging and makes it feel that little bit more special (It did for me anyway). The bottle itself looks quite expenisve and sophisticated - I love the mint green colour of the Liz Earle packaging, its so fresh, clean and pleasing to the eye. The mint green trim that runs around the muslin cloth is subtle but adds that little something extra and ties in with the rest of the packaging. I also have to quickly mention the Liz Earle carrier bag - Its got to be the most beautiful carrier bag ever! Its just gorgeous! Its worth buying the C&P just to get one of these bags! (Although £9.50 just to get a carrier bag is a bit excessive!)

Value for money & Affordability - This product is on the more expensive side of the scale for a cleanser. Obviously it isnt super high end but it isnt a drugstore bargain either - Its somewhere inbetween. The starter kit I bought cost £9.50 which is a bit steep for me but after using it I think the higher price is justified. You can just tell that its a high end cleanser from everything from the packaging to quality of the cleanser itself.

Quality - As mentioned briefly above, this cleanser is great quality. The consistency isnt too thick but it isnt too thin either. It doesnt feel heavy on my skin at all and the muslin cloth provided gently exfoliates the skin without feeling too rough or coarse. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and baby smooth and whats best is it effotlessley removes eye make up too!

Ease of Use - You cant really go wrong when applying this cleanser. One pump is ample to do your entire face (possibly two if you're wearing heavy eye makeup). Massage the cleanser into the skin using circular, upward motions then buff of using a damp muslin cloth. Easy Peasy!
 
 
 
Overall I really like this product. I wouldnt say i'm in love with it just yet but I am really enjoying using it and it has fast become a staple product in my skin care routine.

Have you tried Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish? What were your thoughts?

With Love,

Rachel x 

1 comment:

  1. You must like Liz Earl a lot. It takes a great product to get repurchased.

    <a href="http://www.thegirlieblog.com'>Seattle Fashion Beauty Blog</a>

    ReplyDelete