Sunday 27 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 24 - Makeup Room tour & Apology!

I just want to start this post by saying sorry for not posting over the past couple of days. I've been having trouble logging on to my Blogger account over the past few days so haven't been able to post for a few days but promise to make up for it with a few extra posts over the next few days!

Today I have two posts for you. The first being a Makeup Room Tour or Spare Bedroom Tour. I promised this a few months ago and finally got round to taking a few snaps of my spare room to show you...


I'll start with one of my favourite parts of the room - My Dressing Table! This dressing table is from Ikea and costs £189 (I think!). Most of the things on it are from charity shops with the exception of one or two items. The chair I have it just a cheap one from Ikea which was under a fiver and I've dressed it up a little with the seat cushion (also from Ikea) and a pillow case I picked up for 99p from a Charity shop draped over the back. You can also see the curtains in this picture which are also from a charity shop and cost just 99p each! That's £1.98 for a pair of curtains!! I think they're so pretty and feminine and they finish the room off perfectly. Just got to quickly mention my earring board too which is just a cork notice board that I painted pink and just stick my earrings in. I store the backs of my earrings in a little glass trinket box which is kept on my dressing table.



Next up is my bookcase which is just a cheap white one from Argos that I backed with wallpaper. I just store my favourite books on this bookcase - a couple of Marian Keyes books, a few Beatrix Potter books and the Harry Potter collection. I usually have my Hunger Games books on this bookcase too but my sister has borrowed them so they aren't there at the moment. As you can probably guess I love candles and have ten on this bookcase alone!! The green mannequin is an earring and jewellery holder and the candle is from Asda and is vanilla scented.



This is my chest of drawers where all of my makeup and cosmetics are kept. I will do another post on the contents of these drawers but on top I have my perfumes, makeup brushes (which are kept in my homemade make up brush pot), jewellery stand, mirror, a teacup candle and a cheap lamp from Ikea. I like to keep things quite minimal and cant stand things to be cluttered so I try to keep these drawers clutter free and tidy.






Next up are the finishing touches. The top image is just some pictures I made myself by stapling some wallpaper to a wooden frame. This is a cheap yet effective way of adding that extra something to a room if money is tight. The pictures on the second image are from Next and I think they were £16 or £18 which I thought was very reasonable for three pictures, especially from Next. The teacup vase is also from Next but I cant remember how much it was! I absolutely love it though! The flowers in it cost about £2 from Home Bargains! And the Teacup picture in the last image (In case you hadn't realised I have a bit of a thing for teacups!) is also from Next and was around £10.




Finally we have my comfy corner which looks much better in reality that it does on camera! My favourite place in my whole house! We had one of those pointless box things above the steps and it was bugging me what to do with it until I came up with the idea of covering it with foam and cushions and making a comfy reading area for myself. I spend most of my evenings on my comfy corner and I absolutely love it!

So there you have it, my Makeup Room / Spare Bedroom! As mentioned I will do another post shortly to show you the contents of my make up drawers and dressing table but, in the famous words of Bugs Bunny, That's all folks!


With Love,

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment