Thursday 10 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 9 - April Favourites



I know I'm really late with my April favourites, seeing as we're almost half way through May, but I thought it would be better late than never so here they are for you...

Make Up -

Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer - I mentioned this product a few days ago in my Boots haul. The reason behind my purchasing this was all of the rave reviews it received in the beauty blogosphere and on YouTube alike. I absolutely love this product (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be including it in my favourites!) You need to apply this with a light hand to achieve a soft, sunkissed look - apply it too liberally and you'll end up looking sun-snogged rather than sun-kissed which is never a good look!

Real techniques buffing brush & contour brush - These were also mentioned in my boots haul. I had had my eye on the core collection for aaaaages before finally taking the plunge and I'm so glad I finally bought it. The buffing brush and contour brush are my favourite from the collection - they make applying make up so much easier and the results are amazing! I honestly couldn't be without these brushes now! Plus, the brush holder the set comes in is pretty cool too!

Skin Care -

Blistex Intensive Moisturiser - I havent really been loving any skin care products this month but the Blistex Intensive Moisturiser has been a life saver for my dry, chapped lips. It leaves my lips feeling smooth, soft and moisturised and I absolutely love it!

Books -

Fifty Shades of Grey - I'm half way through this book and, despite the rather explicit scenes, I'm really enjoying it! Christian Grey = Perfect Man! I seriously recommend this book but please be warned that it is very explicit and graphic and would not be suitable for younger readers!

Films -

Beauty & the Beast - One of my favourite ever Disney films and I just had to buy it on DVD when I found it for just £9.99! Watching it really brought back childhood memories for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

TV -

Teen Mom 2 - I'm not usually one for American tv programmes but there's something about Teen Mom and Teen Mom 2 that just draws me in! I love watching the Teen Mum's experience motherhood and the dramas it holds and I'm completely hooked at the moment!

YouTuber -

Itswaypastmybedtime - My favourite YouTuber for April is Carrie Hope Fletcher aka Itswaypastmybedtime aka sister of Tom Fletcher of the amazing McFly! Carrie's videos are so inspirational and uplifting and I always end up smiling after watching them! She also has a great voice and I seriously recommend you subscribe to her channel! You'd be daft not to!

Songs -

I have four songs that I'm loving at the moment and they are Carly Rae Jepsen, Call me maybe - it's seriously catchy and so uplifting! Justin Bieber, Boyfriend - I'm loving the more mature, deeper Justin and just can't get this song out of my head! Fun, We are young - This song just makes me want to stand in the rain, waving my arms above my head and singing at the top of my voice! (I'm completely normal, honest!) Steps, One for sorrow - This reminds me of my childhood and I love to blast it out in my car and do the dance routine with my sister (again, I'm completely normal!).

Randoms -

My Kindle - I have recently started to use my Kindle again and you could say I've rekindled my love for my kindle! I'm loving it at the moment and couldn't be without it!

My PS3 - It's a bit manly and geeky but I love my PS3! There, I said it! :P

What were you loving in April?

With Love,

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment