Tuesday 8 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 6 - Tag Tuesday



Ok, so this post isn't makeup related in the slightest but I recently saw the Hunger Games tag and just had to do it!

Please be warned that this tag is about the whole trilogy of books. Therefore if you haven't read all three books I recommend you stop reading so that the books aren't ruined for you!

As mentioned in my March Monthly Favourites post (here) I am currently obsessed with The Hunger Games.

I saw The Hunger Games tag on Joey Graceffa's YouTube channel and thought I would do it in blog form...

1) What is your favourite book in The Hunger Games trilogy?

That's difficult to answer! It's definitley between The Hunger Games and Mockingjay though. Catching Fire was ok but I struggled to get through it whereas with The Hunger Games and Mockingjay I just couldn't stop reading! If I had to choose I would probably go with The Hunger Games just because I loved the action in the arena and the constant additions of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing!


2) How long would you last in the games?

First of all there's not a cat in hell's chance that I'd be running for the Cornucopia! I'd be out of there like a shot! My main downfall would be that I just couldn't bring myself to kill an animal so I'd probably starve to death or poison myself by eating some poisonous berries due to my lack of edible plant knowledge! I would take a leaf out of Peeta's book and focus on camoflage during the training sessions as well as learning how to identify edible plants. Then I'd hope that I could disguise myself well enough not to be found in the arena, live off of berries and leaves and not bump into any of the other tributes! If it came down to killing another tribute I just wouldn't be able to do it so I'd be a goner!


3) What the strangest thing you thought would happen in the book, but didn't?

I thought Peeta or Gale would die in Mockingjay.


4) How were you introduced to The Hunger Games?

Fleurdeforce mentioned them on her YouTube channel :)

5) What's your favourite moment in the books?

There are loads but I love the bit in Mockingjay where Peeta says "You love me, real or not real?" and Katniss says "Real" That was an Awwww moment for me!


6) Who is your favourite villain?

Erm I dont know if he counts as a villain but I quite liked Cato. I have no reasons for this though, I just liked him.


7) Who is your favourite character?

Definitley Peeta!


8) What district would you live in?

I couldn't answer this question so I did an online quiz
http://www.seventeen.com/fun/quizzes/fun/hunger-games-district-quiz and apparently I'd be District 12.

9) What was the most emotional moment for you?

Probably when Rue dies and District 11 do the salute. That's the bit I cried at the most so I'd have to say that! I also found it quite emotional that Buttercup had made the 7 day trek from 13 to 12 and that he and Katniss bonded through Prim's death.


10) What item from home would you bring into the arena with you?

A necklace from my sister - I wear it everyday and never take it off.


11) What was the most evil plan in the books?

I really didn't like the parachute bombing of the enclosure containing the Capitol children. I thought it was just horrible! Especially as Prim was in there! :( I didnt like Coin's plan to have one last Hunger Games with children from the Capitol. I just really disliked Coin and her whole plan for the other districts to fight the Capitol so she could step in to take power when the Capitol fell with District 13 still in tact and unharmed.


12) What are you looking forward to most in the films?

I've actually already seen the first film but I was most looking forward to seeing how the characters translated from the page on to the big screen. For the second film I am most looking forward to seeing the clock arena and getting an insight into some of the other districts during the Victors Tour and in Mockingjay I am most looking forward to seeing Coin get killed as well as Katniss and the others' whole navigation through the Capitol. I'm not looking forward to seeing Prim die :(

Have you read the Hunger Games trilogy? Which was your favourite book?

With Love,

Rachel X

No comments:

Post a Comment