Tuesday 22 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 21 - RachelMakes - Makeup Brush Pots

I saw this on Islaay's blog and loved it do much I had to make one for myself! It's a really cute brush pot and what's best is its super easy to make, trust me if I can make it anyone can!

What you'll need -

And empty tin or pot
A small piece of wallpaper or wrapping paper
Scissors
Double sided sellotape

Step one - Cut the wallpaper or wrapping paper to fit around the pot. I made a template from a piece of paper first then cut the wallpaper using this as a guide. If you use an empty tin you could use the label from the tin as a template to make it easier as it would be the perfect size.

Step 2 - Stick double sided tape to the outside of your pot. I stuck three strips on mine - top, middle and bottom, to make sure that the wallpaper would stick properly and not lift anywhere.

Step 3 - Carefully wrap the wallpaper around the pot and stick to the double sided tape. Et Voila - One make up brush pot! Easy as that!

You could also use the pot to store pens and pencils, eye liners and eyebrow pencils, mascaras. Why not even make a bigger pot and store cotton wool balls, hair bobbles and clips or even use it for kitchen utensils! The posibilities are endless!

Please let me know if you make one of these pots! I'd love to see your pictures!

With Love,

Rachel x

2 comments:

  1. Aww this is such a cute idea, I've been getting some from TK Maxx for £1.99 lol.

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete