Wednesday 30 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 29 - Sleek Blush By "3" Review

Asyou all know I am a lover of Sleek Make Up and, as mentioned previously (Here) I recently ordered the Blush By 3 palette from the Sleek website.

Iusually buy Sleek products from my local Superdrug but as all of the Superdrugstores in my area no longer stocked the Blush By 3 palettes I had to order itonline. This was the first time I had ordered from the Sleek websiteand I was impressed with the service I received - numerous emails toinform me that my order had been received, processed and despatched and thedelivery time was quick which is great for me as I'm so impatient and hateordering online!

Enoughsaid about the website, lets talk about the palette itself...


What Sleek Say...


"Blush by 3 is a trio shade blush palette that takes you effortlessly from day to night! Each palette has 3 ultra pigmented shades to choose from in matte and shimmer shades. Use the matte shades for a subtle day time flush, and add the shimmery shade over the top for a touch of night time glamour!"
 Packaging

 Theblush by 3 comes in the customary sturdy black plastic casing with a goodsized mirror placed on the underside of the lid. I love the feel of Sleekpackaging, for such inexpensive products they always manageto feel robust and well put together as well as looking sleek (pardonthe pun) yet simple. The only downside to the Sleekpackaging for me is the colour. Dont get me wrong, I dont have a problemwith the black packaging visually, I actually think it looks quite chic but itsa nightmare if you keep this in your make up bag because it just ends up caked inmake up!

Qualityof Product


 Sleekproducts are reknowned for their high pigmentation and this palettedoesnt disappoint. The three blushes included in this palette are Crochet a muted matte orange shade, Guipure, a peachy pink with gold shimmer and Chantilly, an opaque red/dark peach. All threeare very pigmented and the mattes dont look dull or flat on the face. Onlya tiny amount of each blush is required due to the high pigmentation, I literally just dab the tip ofmy brush in the blush and find this is ample amount for a nice naturalglow. I would recommend applying with a light hand to achieve a naturalday time look and avoid looking like a ragdoll but you can buildthese colours up to be more intense if required. As the box says "TheBlush by "3" palette has been formulated with intense pigment, yetthe shades can be layered, in order to achieve the required intensity"which I agree with - it literally does what it says on the tin, or box in thiscase!

Affordability

Onceagain, Sleek continue to amaze me with their highly affordable yet high qualityproducts. This palette is priced at just £10.00 which is a complete bargain forthree blushes! I would probably pay up to the £20 mark for thispalette due to the amazing pigmentation and quality of the blushes. Youreally cant go wrong with Sleek products and I urge you to give them a try ifyou havent already, you wont be disappointed!

Other Comments 
Ijust wanted to quickly mention that the Guipure from this palette is said to bea rather good dupe for Nars Orgasm. I have never actually tried Nars Orgasm butI know that it costs £21 which seems extortionate when you can get threegood quality blushes for less than half the price! If you cant getyour hands on the Lace palette but are desperate for the Guipure I wouldrecommend the Rose Gold blush from Sleek's permanent line as this is verysimilar. The Rose Gold blush can be bought from the Sleek Website or any Superdrug store for £4.30.


 OverallI really rate this palette. Infact, theres nothing I dont like about it! The palette also comes in four other shades; Pumpkin, Pink Spirit, Sugar and Flame, soif the Lace palette doesnt tickle your pickle why not give one of these a try?


With Love,

Rachel x

2 comments:

  1. I really like the product's high pigmentation. Price point is nice too.
    Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pigmentation of Sleek products, they're amazing and at such low prices too! x

      Delete