Sunday 13 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 12 - RachelReviews - Sleek Ultra Matte Palette



Sleek Makeup has fast become one of my favourite, if not my actual favourite, 'drug store' make up brand and I was excited to learn that they were releasing two new eyeshadow palettes to their range as their eyeshadow palettes are my absolute favourite!

I hot footed it to the nearest Superdrug that stocks Sleek Makeup (which unfotunatley is in the City Centre) to have a look at the new palettes and was pleased with what I found.

Both new palettes hold 12 'ultra matte' shades - one being darker shades and the other being brighter shades.

I loved the Bright palette but managed to resist buying it as I simply wouldnt wear any of the shades included in the palette - They are really pretty colours but I'm just not daring enough to wear anything that bright so I put it back on the shelf and turned my attention to the Dark palette.



Now, I love Matte shadows and prefer them to shimmer shadows - I know this is not the case with everybody but Mattes are just my personal preference, so I was really excited to see that the Dark palette holds twelve beautiful and more importantly, wearable, shades.

The first thing I noticed about the shadows in the matte palettes is that the shadows themselves do not have the 'waffle' pattern that Sleek shadows usually have. The ultra matte shadows also seem to have a slighlty different formulation to the usual shadows too - they're much creamier and softer but luckily the pigmentation is just as great as always (Apart from the second to last shade on the top row, Dune, which isnt very pigmented compared to the others)



The dark palette holds a variation of shades from deepest green to creamy white. The first three shades on the top row (Orbit, Ink & Highness) are probably the most daring in the palette while the other three shades on the same row (Noir, Dune and Pillow Talk) are the 'safest' and probably the most wearable.

The shades on the bottom row are all quite 'earthy' toned. I absolutely love Fern which is a deep, forest green and Paper Bag which is a rich, dark brown and would make a great eyebrow colour for dark brunettes.

Most of the shades included in this palette are perfect for a dark, smoky eye look. The neutral colours provided would make good bases and highlighters and the darker shades would also be good to use as an eyeliner.


The packaging is sturdy and is made of strong black plastic like all other Sleek palettes. It comes with a good sized, in-built mirror and dual ended applicator which is quite good but I never actually use the applicators that come with these palettes.

Overall I am really happy with this palette. As mentioned above I do prefer matte shades to shimmer shades so this is the perfect palette for me!



These palettes are available from Superdrug stores and online at www.sleekmakeup.com and www.superdrug.com and are priced at £6.99 which is an absolute steal for the quality of the shadows!

Superdrug currently have a three for two offer on across all make up brands so its the ideal time to treat yourself! Go on, you know you want to!

Will you be trying the Sleek Ultra Matte palettes? Are you more of a Dark or Brights kind of girl?

With Love,

Rachel x

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for the lovely comment on my blog! I haven't tried anything from Sleek yet, I wish I bought the blush palettes when they were being sold! These look lovely and much more pigmented than I though they would be!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries :) You can still order the Blush by 3 palettes on the Sleek Website. I only know because i've just ordered the Lace one for myself about an hour ago! I was gutted when I went into Superdrug and found out they were limited edition and werent for sale anymore so checked the Sleek website and the're still available :D

      I really recommend the Sleek palettes, they're amazing! xx

      Delete