Friday 4 May 2012

Makeup MAYhem POST 2 - RachelReviews

For my second Makeup MAYhem post I thought I would do a quick review for you.

The product I will be reviewing is the MUA eyebrow pencil in the shade Blonde...

Up until recently I didn't bother much with my eyebrows. I cant pluck them myself and, despite my best intentions, I always leave a huge gap between my waxing or threading which means 90% of the time I walk around with huge bushy eyebrows and we all know that isn't a good look!

On a recent shopping trip to the White Rose in Leeds I stopped at one of the pop up eye brow bars and had my eyebrows threaded. With my newly tidied up eyebrows I went straight to Superdrug to look for an eyebrow pencil and finally settled on the MUA one, simply because it was cheap at chips!

I already own the brunette version of this eyebrow pencil but it's far too dark for me so I decided to go with the blonde version which is the only other shade on offer - not a very extensive collection but luckily the blonde version looked perfect for me.

The pencil is super soft which makes application nice and easy. It's really blendable which is great for creating a natural look and gives the eyebrows a nice soft finish instead of making them look too harsh which eyebrow pencils can have a tendency to do.

I have quite fair eyebrows and this shade matches them perfectly. My only concern would be if you were extremely fair this could be too dark for you and MUA don't have a lighter shade in their collection at the moment which is a bit pants! Hopefully they will extend the shade range soon to make it appeal to more hair shades as I really think they are missing a trick at the moment!

Overall I am super happy with this product and at just £1 you'd be silly not to give it a try!

Packaging - *****
Affordability - *****
Quality - *****
Value for money - *****
Ease of use - *****

Have you tried the MUA Eyebrow Pencils? What were your thoughts?

With Love,

Rachel x

No comments:

Post a Comment